Last week I was interviewed on London Live TV regarding a recent survey by the STA which shows that a third of UK children are unable to swim
Did you know:
- Almost 25% of children aged 0-16 in London can not currently swim
- 1 in 5 parents say they don’t have time to teach them yet 9 out of 10 parents agree that swimming is a life skill and 8 in 10 parents wish they were better swimmers.
One of the reasons for this ‘Missed Generation’ of swimmers has been put down to budgetary restraints/costs and timetabling issues in schools but what can we do to provide every child in the UK the opportunity to learn to swim?
- Enrol your child in swim lessons
If your child is not currently having swimming lessons, enrol your child onto one of our courses by emailing denise@aquatictrainingcourses.
com or calling +44 (0) 7752 268 846 to find out more about opportunities for your child to learn to swim over the holidays.
- Enrol in adult swim lessons
Many swim schools offer adult lessons – it’s never too late to learn, so get involved!
- Educate your child on water safety
Discuss water safety with your children so that they’re aware of the potential risks of being around water.
More Opportunities:Find out more by visiting www.sta.co.uk or #Lovewatersafely