STA Emergency First Aid for Sport
The STA Emergency First Aid for Sport qualification aims to enable candidates to act as a first aider and take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities, and calling the emergency services when required. It also intends to provide learners with the ability to respond to emergency first aid situations that may arise when coaching, officiating, helping or participating in sports.
- Be of 16 years of age or older.
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
10 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.
The STA Emergency First Aid for Sport qualification covers:
- The STA Emergency First Aid at Work module
- Understanding the role of the first aider, including the importance of preventing cross-infection, recording incidents and actions, and the use of available equipment
- Assessing situations, casualties and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively
- Administering first aid to unconscious casualties or those in a seizure
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking, wounded and bleeding, or suffering from shock
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
- Recognising the requirement for and administration of first aid to a choking child, or cardiopulmonary resuscitation to a child
- Recognising and administering first aid to a casualty who is suffering from sports-related concussion, wounds and bleeding, bone injuries, head and spinal injuries, and supporting tissue injuries
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid activities in a safe manner
- Demonstrate CPR and the preparatory actions preceding its administration
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete an end-of-course worksheet to the satisfaction of the course tutor.
This qualification requires revalidation every 3 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
Can’t find the course you’re looking for?
Send me the details of what you are looking firstname.lastname@example.org