Date(s) - 18/02/2019 - 22/02/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ernest Bevin College
STA Award in Teaching Swimming Course
STA Award in Teaching Swimming – Award aims to produce teachers that can teach up to 10 beginners and deliver the STAnley Series of awards, as well as the Octopus and Goldfish Series of STA’s International Learn to Swim Programme.
They may also act as an assistant swimming teacher and can teach larger classes or advanced skills under the direct supervision of a swimming teacher qualified to certificate level.
Dates: 18th to 22nd February 2019
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Course Organiser: Dave Perry
Cost: £445.00 (discounts available)
Location: Ernest Bevin College, Tooting
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Membership of the STA (£42.00/year via direct debit, available via online.sta.co.uk).
STA Award in Teaching Swimming Mandatory Units:
- Understanding the Elementary Scientific Principles Relevant to Swimming
- Planning, Preparing and Teaching Swimming
- Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
This qualification does not expire.
To remain as an STA-approved swimming teacher, and to receive the benefit of STA public liability insurance, holders of this qualification are required to:
- Remain in membership of STA
- Keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Keep their pre-requisite lifesaving qualification in-date
- Regularly update their DBS check
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Undertake poolside teaching during the course
- As part of an external assessment, teach a 30 minute lesson to 4 learners
- Complete a 30 question multiple-choice paper with a unit pass mark of 7/10 per unit
Whatever qualifications you are looking to achieve, Aquatic Training Courses have STA qualified instructors and courses to ensure you meet your goals.
With small class sizes and content delivered in an enthusiastic, fun and all-inclusive manner our students enjoy an excellent, professional level of instruction.