Date(s) - 13/02/2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Ernest Bevin College
Safety Award for Teachers Lifesaving Course (SAT)
Holders of the Safety Award for Teachers are capable in pool rescue, first aid, adult, child and infant CPR techniques. Holders will be competent to deal with poolside emergencies in accordance with the HSE publication
Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations.
Dates: 13th February 2017
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Course Organiser: David Perry
Tutor: Dave Perry (STA Tutor)
Location: Ernest Bevin College, Tooting
Bookings: +44 (0) 7752 268 846 or email@example.com
Enrolment Deadline: Mon 16 January 2017
The Safety Award for Teachers Lifesaving Course qualification covers:
- Understanding the Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Knowing how and being able to administer basic life support in a swimming pool environment
- Knowing how and being able to administer first aid in a swimming pool environment
- Being able to perform basic rescue skills in a swimming pool environment
- Knowing how to respond to a swimming pool emergency situation
- Understanding the importance of recording, reporting and analyzing swimming pool emergency situations
- Aims of First Aid
- Bleeding & Shock
- Asthma & Hyperventilation
This qualification is valid for 2 years.
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out rescue activities in a safe, effective and prompt manner
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation, its preparatory actions and aftercare
Whatever qualifications you are looking to achieve, Aquatic Training Courses have STA qualified instructors and courses to ensure you meet your goals.
With small class sizes and content delivered in an enthusiastic, fun and all-inclusive manner our students enjoy and excellent, professional level of instruction.
Bookings are closed for this event.