I studied at the University of North London and graduated with a BA (Hons) Degree in Leisure & Tourism Management (specialising in Sport & Recreation Management), after which I spent around 10 years working in Leisure Centres, starting as a Lifeguard and Swimming Teacher, then a Duty Manager and eventually a Centre Manager.
After this, I managed 2 different private Swim Schools over a period of 5 years and then spent 7 years working as a Swimming Development Officer for the STA (Swimming Teachers’ Association). During this time, I gained several Swimming Teaching and Lifesaving qualifications and I have always taught swimming as part of my leisure management career.
- STA Level 4 National Swimming Tutor
- STA Level 4 National Lifesaving Tutor
- National Rescue Standard (NaRS) Emergency Sports First Aid Tutor
- ASA Level 2 Teacher
- ASA Level 2 Adult & Child Teacher
- ASA Level 1 Preliminary Teacher
- RLSS Rescue Test for Swimming Teachers & Coaches
- Pool Plant Operator’s Certificate (Level 1)
I gained my Swimming & Lifesaving Tutor qualification in 2001 and have been training Swimming Teachers, Lifesavers and First Aiders since then, whilst also continuing to teach and coach swimming to pupils of all ages and abilities.