I studied at the University of North London and graduated with a BA (Hons) Degree in Leisure & Tourism Management (specialising in Sport & Recreation Management), after which I spent around 10 years working in Leisure Centres, starting as a Lifeguard and Swimming Teacher, then a Duty Manager and eventually a Centre Manager.
After this, I managed 2 different private Swim Schools over a period of 5 years and then spent 7 years working as a Swimming Development Officer for the STA (Swimming Teachers’ Association). During this time, I gained several Swimming Teaching and Lifesaving qualifications and I have always taught swimming as part of my leisure management career.
- BA (Hons) Degree in Leisure & Tourism Management
- STA Level 3 Tutor
- STA Moderator & Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)
- STA Swimming Tutor/Assessor
- STA Lifesaving Tutor/Assessor
- STA Safety Award for Teachers lifesaving qualification
- ASA Level 2 Teacher Certificate
- ASA Adult & Child Teachers Certificate
- ASA Preliminary Teacher Certificate
- Pool Plant Operator Certificate (Level 1)
I gained my Swimming & Lifesaving Tutor qualification in 2001 and have been training Swimming Teachers, Lifesavers and First Aiders since then, whilst also continuing to teach and coach swimming to pupils of all ages and abilities.